The full form of ECG in medical stands for Electrocardiogram which helps us to understand the electrical activity of our heart to show whether or not it is operating ordinarily.
It will show some abnormality in heart functions like ischemic changes , fibrillations etc. thus it’s a useful tool for medico to diagnose & will guide for any investigations.
Hope above explains abbreviation of ecg and also ecg definition.
According to wikipedia the overall goal of performing an ECG is to obtain information about the electrical function of the heart.
Some indications for which we use to perform ECG are as below:
- Chest pain or suspected infarction (heart attack), like ST elevated infarction (STEMI) or non-ST elevated infarction (NSTEMI).
- Symptoms like shortness of breath, murmurs, fainting, or observance of illustrious internal organ arrhythmias.
- Medication observance (e.g., drug-induced QT prolongation , digitalis glycoside toxicity) etc.
- Electrolyte abnormalities like symptom.
- Perioperative observance during which any kind of physiological state is concerned (e.g., monitored physiological state care, general anesthesia).
- Cardiac stress testing.
- Computed pictorial representation X-ray photography (CTA) and resonance X-ray photography (MRA) of the guts (ECG is employed to “gate” the scanning so the anatomical position of the guts is steady).
- Clinical internal organ electrophysiology, during which a tubing is inserted through the vena femoralis .
Types of ECG:
1. Cardiopulmonary exercise test (CPET)
This check is employed to observe any internal organ or respiratory organ diseases.
2. Exercise EKG (stress test)
A check could also be accustomed observe arterial blood vessel unwellness, and/or to work out safe levels of exercise following a coronary failure or surgical operation.
3. Holter monitor
The Holter monitor could be a kind of graph (ECG or EKG) accustomed monitor the ECG tracing endlessly for an amount of twenty-four hours or longer.
4. Resting 12-lead ECG
This type of graph is that for customary check for measurement heart’s electrical operate, performed whereas you’re lying still.
A resting 12-lead ECG will be a part of a routine medical exam to screen for heart conditions before any signs or symptoms develop.
5. Signal-averaged electrocardiogram
A signal-averaged graph could be a lot careful kind of graph (ECG or EKG). throughout this procedure, multiple ECG tracings ar obtained over an amount of roughly twenty minutes so as to capture abnormal heartbeats which can occur solely intermittently.
Components of ECG
The graph interprets the heart’s electrical activity into line tracings on paper. The spikes and dips within the line tracings ar referred to as waves.
- The P wave could be a record of the electrical activity through the higher heart chambers (atria).
- The QRS complex could be a record of the movement of electrical impulses through the lower heart chambers (ventricles).
- The ST section shows once the ventricle is getting however no electricity is flowing through it.
- The T wave shows oncethe lower heart chambers arresetting electrically and making ready for his or her next shortening.
ECG full form in hindi
ECG ka full form in Hindi:- विद्युतयंत्र द्वारा हृदय की धड़कनो का रेखाचित्रण or इलैक्ट्रोकार्डियोग्राफी
Difference between ECG and EKG
You will be surprised to know , but this is truth, There is no difference between ECG and EKG. It is possible many of us may get confuse. ECG stands for electrocardiogram, and EKG is the German spelling for elektrokardiographie, which is the word electrocardiogram translated into the German language.
Also Know :- Full Form of Computer